The Central Massachusetts Regional Stormwater Coalition (CMRSWC) is pleased to report the regional forum for municipal stormwater management collaboration expanded on June 23, 2015.
At a meeting coordinated by MassDEP’s Andrea Briggs and hosted at the Department’s Central Regional Office in Worcester, the CMRSWC and five other stormwater collaborative groups present unanimously agreed to create an informal (for now at least) Massachusetts Statewide Stormwater Coalition to further share tools, manage costs, and improve inter-community and inter-watershed collaboration.
The six municipal stormwater collaboratives that are participating in the Massachusetts Statewide Stormwater Coalition are:
- Central Massachusetts Regional Stormwater Coalition- CMRSWC (this website)
- Merrimack Valley Stormwater Collaborative
- Neponset Stormwater Partnership (Neponset Valley Regional Stormwater Collaborative)
- Northern Middlesex Stormwater Collaborative
- Connecticut River Stormwater Committee
- North and South Rivers Watershed Association
Two additional regional stormwater groups, the MetroWest Regional Collaborative and the Southeastern Regional Services Group Stormwater Group are currently inactive, just forming, and/or are considering joining this Statewide group.
Together, these regional groups represent 90 active towns subject to regulation under the USEPA's Massachusetts Small MS4 Permit and another 28 towns that may participate with the Statewide Coalition in the near future.
Also attending the June 23 meeting were USEPA Region 1’s Newton Tedder, MassDEP Deputy Commissioner Beth Card, and a number of other staff from both USEPA and MassDEP.
Below, we have provided resources on the many groups participating in this Massachusetts Statewide Stormwater Coalition, including contacts for each group and the scope of work each group is planning for municipal FY2016.
- Scope of Each Member Coalition
- Contacts for Each Member Coalition
- Map of Regional Stormwater Coalitions
- Map of Coalition Partners (Watershed Associations)